Apply for an Elklan course:
Makaton Level 1 Workshop
10th November - 17th November
|Day of Week||Date||Start Time||Finish Time|
|Wednesday||10th November 2021||9:30 am||1:30 pm|
|Wednesday||17th November 2021||9:30 am||1:30 pm|
Times are shown as in the UK
This course is delivered exclusively by online webinar.
This course is priced at £72.50 plus VAT per person.
This price is in line with Makaton guidelines, updated in April 2021. The price includes a Level 1 participant’s manual that the participant will be sent before the course starts.
About the training
The workshop will be delivered in two modules, over two four-hour sessions. The workshop is suited to anyone who has an interest in the Makaton Language programme and would like to use Makaton signs and symbols at home or in their work.
The sessions will cover a range of areas and activities including:
- An introduction to the Makaton language Programme
- Practical sessions where you will learn Makaton signs and symbols from stages 1 and 2 of the Makaton programme. You will also learn some signs and symbols from the additional stage of the Core vocabulary.
- Tips for effective signing and symbol use and how these can be applied within a setting or for an individual.
- Learning how to sign a range of simple sentences according to the needs of an individual.
What is included with the training
- a Level 1 participant manual with signs and symbols covered during the workshop
- a 30-day free trial of the Makaton Core membership*
* if the participant has not availed of the free trial before
Terms and Conditions
- By applying for this course you agree to our Terms and Conditions for Learners.
- Please download and read the cancellation policy. This is always adhered to
- All applications are subject to availability and eligibility; your application will not be final until your place is confirmed by Elklan Training.